McDonald’s are famous for crispy and yummy French fries. You would have known its texture if you are a great fan of McDonald’s fries. If we take a bite, it would be fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They make us crave for their fries always. Have you ever tried to replicate the same in your home and ended up frustrating? Yes. We did that many times but whatever we do, we cannot get that crispiness and taste like them. In this article, you can get a clear idea on their secrets and how to make McDonald’s Fries by yourself.
Things you need to know before having McDonald’s Fries
Before going on how to make McDonald’s Fries at home, let us have a deep insight into what the company offers and do to have such popularity over these fries.
- Multiple ingredients: As we think it is not only the fresh potatoes but other stuff are needed too. For that perfect brown color and crispiness, they do add a lot of ingredients which are available on their website.
- Multiple varieties: Not a single type of potato is used in making Fries. Many types of taters like Russet Burbank, Russet Ranger, Umatilla Russet, and Shepody are the other varieties that are used in the making of delicious fries.
- Not vegan exactly: McDonald’s fries are not exactly vegan as they beef flavors in the frying oil like hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk. They are used to give the fry a light brown texture like meat after frying. If you are not comfortable using the animal products, then McDonald’s fries might not suit you.
- Cheap offers: Yes. McDonald’s offers you free fries frequently and fries for 1 USD every Friday throughout the year.
- Multiple dipping: We love to eat fries with dippings like ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, ranch, ketchup and mayo combination, McDonald’s signature sauce, honey mustard, tangy BBQ, and other DIY mayochups. Hence there are many dipping options available.
How to make McDonald’s fries?
Many have questions after eating the fries from McDonald’s like ‘How they are crispy like this?’, ‘What ingredients they use’, and ‘How to make McDonald’s fries by ourselves?’ Following is the recipe to try by you.
Ingredients: To make McDonald’s fries at home you need the following ingredients.
- Two Idaho Russet potatoes
- One and a half cups water
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 6 cups peanut oil
- ¼ cup beef lard
- 2 teaspoon salt to taste.
Also Read: MCD Voice
How to make McDonald’s fries with the above ingredients?
- Peel the potato and cut them like horizontal pieces as we find in French fries. Measurement is very important for the even frying and hence they must be ¼ inch thick ¼ inch height, and length of 4-inches to 6-inches.
- Take a large bowl and mix corn syrup and water. Mix them until they are evenly distributed. Add the French fries to it and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When the ingredients are soaking, take a pan and pour the peanut oil into it. Wait till it is ready as it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit and takes the fries to fry them in the oil.
- For a minute and a half, they can be left in the oil and they must turn pale golden brownish. Take them from the fryer and place on a paper cloth. Refrigerate it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When they are cooling, add beef fat to the peanut oil and let it boil till it heats up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Now take the fries from the fridge and fry it again for 5 to 7 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Drain the oil and place it in a large bowl. Sprinkle some salt and toss it for a nice blend. McDonald’s fries are ready to taste.
By the above method, you would have got a solution on how to make McDonald’s fries at home. The technique used is the double frying method that makes the fries crispier on the outside and softer on the inside. Try the above recipe and share it with your friends and family.